Pushing Forward

Lately, every day I am having to push forward with my life. 

Push through pain
Push through fatigue
Push through the discussion of cancer to help educate folks
Push through horrible feelings and emotions
Push through my body not working correctly
Push through endless doctor's appts, medications, and the side effects.

I am still alive, and know their is a purpose by God for me to keep going and make a difference in this world.  People have approached me and asked that I reach out to someone they know that is struggling with cancer.  Be a listening ear, someone they can talk to that has been through it all.  Yes, yes, yes!

I'm grabbing hold of this "cancer" and not going to let it beat me down, not giving into it, not going to let it ruin the rest of my life!  I am not defined by my cancer, there is so much more to me than this.  It is something that I'll have to deal with the rest of my life, however long that may be. 

Someone asked me the other day, when will you be finished with treatment and the cancer gone?  Harsh reality is I'll never be done with treatment, the breast cancer has spread to my bones and will never be gone.  The day I stop treatment, I'll die.  Yes, many are living 10, 12, and 14 years which is amazing, but still a life of endless treatments and tests.  So it is extremely important to remain positive, have purpose, and encourage others.

Having to search and discover new ways to doing daily task, new ways to moving my body so I can keep going.  Had to think about what is the most important things to be doing right now and get on with doing them.  God first, family, then hobbies. 

Recently achieved a baby-step milestone.  Rode my horse today.  Dr. D said if my body says I can, than do it.  So, although I needed to use a bucket to stand on and mount my horse, I did it!  Got up and rode around for about 15 minutes, just had the horse walking.  My body felt great, it was like having a hip and back message.  Dismount was normal and in full control. 

Today, Bill and I are celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary.  Feeling joyful in my heart and extremely blessed to have a wonderful husband "Cowboy Bill" by my side throughout all of this life journey. 

I want to encourage others with metastatic breast cancer and terminal illness to seek out a relationship with the Lord, seek out others for support, and to enjoy life.

All my best, Valerie


Comments

Popular Posts